Women’s & Men’s Ministry
Our Women’s & Men’s Ministry provides a varied programme across the year for all ages and stages of life. You’re welcome to come along to any of our events listed to find out more
We meet to enjoy fellowship, cultivate friendships and – from time to time – share lunch. We welcome all men of all ages whether they are able to attend once or regularly. Our MAIN meetings generally alternate with our BIBLE STUDY meetings.
All meetings are at 10:30am on Fridays in Stafford Room 1 unless otherwise stated. You will be made most welcome at any of our meetings. Here’s what’s happening from August 2018 till January 2019:
- 24 August – A visit to Lauriston Castle for a Guided Tour
- 31 August – Gracemount Update (Andy Prime)
- 7 September – Life Application Bible Study 1 – the Lord’s Prayer: Lord, teach us to pray
- 14 September – SASRA – Soldiers’ and Airmen’s Scripture Readers’ Association (David Murray)
- 21 September – Life Application Bible Study 2: Our Father, hallowed be your name
- 28 September – MAF – Missionary Aviation Fellowship (Ruth Jack)
- 5 October – Life Application Bible Study 3: Your Kingdom come, your will be done
- 12 October – All Nations English Cafe (Colin Rogerson)
- 19 October – Out of the Ashes: Docudrama DVD on the life of C T Studd (in the Candlish Room)
- 26 October – Gospel Partnership 1: The work of Palmerston Place Church of Scotland (Colin Sinclair)
- 2 November – Life Application Bible Study 4: Give us our daily bread and forgive us our debts
- 9 November – Remembrance: we mark the centenary of the end of the Great War
- 16 November – Life Application Bible Study 5: Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one
- 23 November – City Arts Centre / Hope City Update (David Patterson)
- 30 November – Planning Meeting: Looking ahead to our meetings from February to May
- 7 December – Christmas Lunch in the Stafford Rooms
- 14 December – Life Application Bible Study 6: A Passion for Prayer
- 11 January – Gospel Partnership 2: The work of Davidson’s Mains Church of Scotland (Dan Robertson)
- 18 January – Life Application Bible Study 7: Topic to be advised
- 25 January – Business Matters (Eric Smith)
Our Women’s Ministry seeks to challenge and encourage women to grow in their faith and become more Christ like through bible study.
Timeout – an all age bible study every Tuesday during term time with creche facilities for mums with tots. We start 9.30ish with tea & coffee and finish by 11am. This term we’re studying Philippians. If you live in the south of the city and would like to sign up for Timeout South West contact email@example.com
Women’s Ministry Events – we run regular Saturday bible teaching events for women at all ages and stages of life. There’s usually food involved as well as great bible teaching.
Women’s Morning Fellowship – for a more traditional gathering, many of our older women meet on a Thursday morning at 10am during term time for fellowship, a talk, tea, coffee & refreshments. All are welcome.
Our programme for this term is now finished but will restart in the Autumn